Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How to Teach your cat to Sit.

A lot of people say cats can't learn tricks. A lot of people are BUTTWIPES. I kid, I kid. But it's true! I taught my cat to sit and it only took about fifteen minutes! Here's how I did it:

Step one: Get your cats favourite treats and call her over. Give her a treat.

Step two: Say "Sit" loud and clear and push your cats bottom into a sitting posistion. Say "Good Cat" and reward her with a treat.

Step three: Repeat until your cat starts to sit on her own. If it's been fifteen minutes and she still hasn't caught on, end the session and start again tomorrow.

Step four: When your cat learns the trick, wean her off the treats so that she still gets enough to keep it up but she isn't getting a treat every time she performs the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment